The 12,000 square foot fenced dog park is the only one of its kind in Over-the-Rhine and the downtown area. It offers unique features for visitors and their pets, such as a water creek for the dogs to play in, large granite boulders, and a water fountain with fresh water for the pet owners and a spout close to the ground for dogs. Benches will line the perimeter so visitors can read a book, socialize with other patrons or just relax. It also features a special synthetic canine turf and pea gravel to maintain cleanliness. The park will be maintained by the Park Board, keeping it a desirable place for everyone.
Dog Park Rules
These rules are in addition to posted park rules.
Entry to Dog Park is at the risk of handlers.
- A leash is not required in the Dog Park, but dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting Dog Park.
- All off-leash dogs must be under complete control of handler and leash must be in hand at all times. If you cannot control your dog, keep your pet leashed at all times for the safety of others.
- Handlers must be in Dog Park and within view of their dogs.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted and must be removed at first sign of aggression.
- Clean up after your dog and seal waste in a bag before disposing in trash recepticle.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in the Dog Park unless accompanied by an adult.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Dog licenses are required per Ohio Revised Code Chapter 955. Dogs must have an owner identification tag or embedded chip at all times.
- Dogs must be current with all shots as recommended by your veterinarian.
- No smoking or tobacco products permitted.
If you fail to comply with Dog Park rules you may be asked to leave or be ticketed by the police.